Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: interfacing a DSP array card to USRP2

From: Vikram Ragukumar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: interfacing a DSP array card to USRP2
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 19:22:19 -0500

Matt,

In our effort to distill the gemac core and related logic, we have pulled out the following module under u2_core
SERDES, Dsp core, UART, external RAM interface and the buffer pool

The mac is all contained in simple_gemac, and above that in simple_gemac_wrapper: which is instantiated in u2_core. Most of the buffering happens in simple_gemac_wrapper in the fifo_2clock_cascade files.

(a) Is any buffering for the gemac done using buffers in the buffer pool or is it ok to eliminate that module all together ?

(b) The synthesis report currently shows that 24 BRAM's are being used by the design. Does this sound about right ? Are there modules unrelated to gemac or aeMB that we can pull out, to reduce BRAM usage ?

Thanks and Regards,
Vikram.