Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and Data Rate

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 and Data Rate
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 09:41:39 -0700

On 07/07/2010 08:32 AM, Garrett Wenger wrote:
Hi all,
A few days ago I made a simple program using grc to fsk modulate and
transmit a pn sequence at 10kbps. Since I was using a USRP1, I set my
samples per symbol to 25 and the interpolation to 512 to get this data
rate.

The place I work at just received a couple USRP2's, so I am trying to
get this same program working with the new devices.  I realize that the
DAC rate for the USRP2 is 100 MS/s instead of 128 MS/s, so I changed the
samples per symbol and interpolation rate to  25 and 400, respectively,
but this does not give me the 10kbps rate like I expected it would.

Is there something major that I am missing here?

Your calculations appear correct, so I'm not sure why you aren't seeing 10kbs. What rate does it give you?

Also, 25 samples per symbol is a lot. You would probably be better off doing an additional software decimate/interpolate by 5 operation (using an interpolating/decimating FIR filter) and using 5 samples per symbol.

Matt