Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to build GNU Radio on Mac OS X 10.6.4 for

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to build GNU Radio on Mac OS X 10.6.4 for USRP2
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 12:44:50 -0700

The driver is able to talk to the usrp2, however, I just noticed that
since i put the code in to resize the buffer, that mac osx gives error:
no buffer space available. There seems to a sysctl to resize the
incoming udp buffer size but it wont let me go as high as 50MB, and I
cant find a sysctl for the send buffer. I will probably put some code in
to conditionally disable the buffer resizing on mac until its figured out.

ok, i pushed that change public (disabling the automatic buffer resize). I was able to run the benchmark at full rate on the macintosh-mini, and despite the smaller buffer (whatever the default is) the performance seems good.

I tried to set the socket buffer size limit to 50 MB with sysctl -w kern.ipc.maxsockbuf but it wouldnt let me go over 5 MB (with a Result too large error). Any macox/freebsd experts out there with an idea?

Thanks,
-Josh