Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on osx 10.6.4

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio on osx 10.6.4
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 00:01:29 +0400

Hi Michael,

On Jul 19, 2010, at 11:55 PM, Michael Dickens wrote:

On Jul 19, 2010, at 12:57 PM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
One of the things that the guys working on GTK+ mentioned was that you should completely uninstall MacPorts, to do the GTK+ installation. The GTK+ installation has a whole bunch of dependencies, so I will try that last. That part I think is only related to GRC.

Is their mentioning somewhere on a Wiki or whatever online?  Or was this a private email?  I'm a MacPorts developer, and I'd like to know the reasoning so that I can either quit doing MacPorts or augment it so-as to overcome whatever deficiency they have found.  If it's just a matter of selecting configure options or patching code, MacPorts can handle whatever workaround is necessary.  If it's a matter of personal opinion, well, that's OK too -- we're each entitled to what we want to think and use. - MLD

It's mentioned in the following wiki link: http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/gtk-osx/wiki/Build

See the pre-requisites section, highlighted

If you have MacPorts or Fink installed, you must remove all traces of them from your environment before you try to run jhbuild. The easiest way is to create a new user and run jhbuild while logged in as that user. Mixing Fink/MacPorts and GTK-OSX will fail.

Best regards,

Elvis