Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XCVR2450 issues

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] XCVR2450 issues
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 10:49:52 -0700

On 08/05/2010 10:29 AM, Matthias Wilhelm wrote:
Hi,

we received two new XCVR2450 boards today (serial ~1390), and it seems they
refuse to work out of the box. I tested the boards both with UHD and raw
ethernet firmware+FPGA, the board both are unable to tune to different
frequencies, or any frequency for that matter. The usrp2_fft.py script
complains that it failed to set the frequency, an older board works with the
same code (serial ~700).

Due to size issues, the xcvr handling had to be moved into its own image for the gnuradio usrp2 drivers. Did you use the xcvr-specfic firmware image?

http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/public/wiki/U2binaries#Firmware-Images

For UHD, it identifies the boards correctly, but it looks like the attached
picture everywhere, with or without antenna ;-)

usrp2_fft.py will not work when the uhd images on the sd card. But im not sure what you were running. :-)

-Josh