Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM modulator and pilots

From: Srinivas
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM modulator and pilots
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 12:19:53 -0400

Tom

After reading gr_ofdm_insert_preamble.cc it looks like the pilots are sent periodically after every few payload symbols on all frequency bins. Is it like what I have shown attached ? If yes, then how may payload symbols are sent between two pilots ?

Another related question is: Who sets the parameters for the work function in this block ? particularly noutput_samples.

Srinivas
WINLAB, Rutgers University, NJ

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 11:58 AM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
On Tue, Aug 10, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Marcin Szelest
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm trying to add pilots to an OFDM modulation, is it possible with OFDM_mod
> block?
> How I can "boost" energy of pilot in OFDM signal?
>
> Regards,
> Marcin
> http://szelest.org

Yes, this is possible. There is a subcarrier mask concept in the
modulator and demodulator block that you should be able to use. Right
now, it specifies if a carrier is in use or not (e.g., data or
nothing). There are some hooks in there to add pilot tones pretty
easily to the modulator. Actually using them in the demodulator is
where you'll have to focus most of your attention.

Tom