Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] use of a "bulletin board" system in lieu of a mai

From: Steve Conklin
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 07:54:43 -0500

On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 8:26 AM, Douglas Geiger
<address@hidden> wrote:
>  2.) I do see the value of some of the more recent Q&A type websites.
> In particular I'll point to stackoverflow (and the related
> stackexchange set of websites) as an excellent repository of knowledge
> that excels at building a community. Although, while there are a few
> questions tagged [gnuradio] on stackoverflow, I don't think it has
> caught on as a place to ask DSP/comms/gnuradio related programming
> questions.

There's a new stackexchange group forming specific to amateur radio.
It's in the pre-beta phases now, gathering a supportive community.

Anyone interested in this sort of Q&A web site can check this out here:

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/1795/amateur-radio

The FAQ link at the top of the page has good information about the
formation process for these groups.

Steve Conklin, AI4QR