Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio via MacPorts Updated

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio via MacPorts Updated
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 22:10:07 +0200

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 4:27 AM, Michael Dickens <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sep 7, 2010, at 2:04 PM, Elvis Dowson wrote:
> Does it use the GTK+ with support for native OS X look and feel?

It uses whatever MacPorts provides; by default:

 gtk2 @2.20.1_0 +x11

but I can specify for it to use instead:

 gtk2 @2.20.1_0 +no_x11 +quartz

and then I have to go through all of the various graphics ports & make sure they are also +no_x11+quartz .  I haven't tried this latter to make sure it works, but I don't see why it wouldn't (unless one of the ports is broken with those variants).

I tried on another computer to install gtk2 +no_x11 +quartz and learned that pango (the font rendering engine) is quite broken. It's a known problem: https://trac.macports.org/ticket/20924
Until fixed it is not very useful because all text is dsplayed as squares.

Alex