RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] strange receiver behaviour with UHD

From: Patrik Eliardsson
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] strange receiver behaviour with UHD
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 14:07:11 +0200

Thanks for all your replies!

We did some additional experiments where we divided our program into 2 phases.

In phase 1 we did all the initialization like setting rx rate, center
frequency, gain, synchronizing to ref clock, and finally issued a stream
command to receive samples. The received samples are then thrown away as you
suggested.

In phase 2 all the settings are already set so we issue a new stream command to
receive new samples. If we look at the abs value of these samples we still have
the same "spike" in the beginning of the collected set.

Our conclusion is that the stream command somehow introduce this "spike" so we
always need to receive more samples with the stream command and throw away the
beginning of the collected set. We also tried different stream modes
(STREAM_MODE_NUM_SAMPS_AND_DONE or STREAM_MODE_NUM_SAMPS_AND_MORE) but with the
same result.

Regards
- Patrik