Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gcc 4.5 and GNU Radio 3.3.0

From: Steve Mcmahon
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gcc 4.5 and GNU Radio 3.3.0
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2010 14:34:35 -0700 (PDT)

Hello:

Thanks for your reply, Tom Rondeau.

I guess I'm not sure about what people are saying on this issue regarding my
problem building GNU Radio 3.3.0 on openSUSE 11.3 using gcc 4.5 -- is it
gcc-4.5's "fault" (a bug in gcc), or gnuradio-3.3.0's "fault" (a bug in
gnuradio)?

I don't think I'm understanding the source of my problem correctly. Is my issue
that gcc 4.5 cannot properly compile Boost 1.42, and that I need to use newer
version of Boost with gcc-4.5, or is it that gnuradio-3.3.0 uses a C++
construct not supported in gcc-4.5, or is it a bug in gcc-4.5, or what?

I am debating which work-around is easier for me: either install gcc-4.4.4
alongside gcc-4.5 on my openSUSE 11.3 machine and re-try gnuradio 3.3.0; or to
download one of the Git versions ("maint", "master", or "next") of gnuradio and
re-try with gcc-4.5.

Tom Rondeau mentioned that this issue will be fixed in GNU Radio 3.3.1. When is
it expected to be released?

Thanks a lot for your help everyone.

Steve McMahon