[Discuss-gnuradio] GUNRadio+UHD installation on USRP E200

From: Yan Nie
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GUNRadio+UHD installation on USRP E200
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2011 17:00:15 -0400

Dear all,

I installed GNURadio+UHD on USRP E200 in Ubuntu 10.10 system by using the
build-gnuradio script Marcus offered. After installation successfully
completely, using uhd_find_devices gave the result:
-- UHD Device 0
Device Address:
    type: usrp2
    addr: 192.168.10.2
    name:
    serial:

However, the result of uhd_usrp_probe leads to the net burner to allow the
firmware build is the compatible with the host code build:
Error: RuntimeError:
Please update the firmware and FPGA images for your device.
See the application notes for USRP2/N-Series for instructions.
Expected protocol compatibility number 10, but got 9:
The firmware build is not compatible with the host code build.

Then I tried: ./usrp_n2xx_net_burner.py --addr=192.168.10.2
--fw=/usr/local/share/uhd/images/usrp_n200_fw.bin to load the firmware, which
gave the success result:
USRP-N2XX found.
Flash size: 4194304
Sector size: 65536

Begin firmware write: this should take about 1 second...
Erasing 31744 bytes at 3145728
Writing image
Verifying data
Read back 16383 bytes
Success.
Time elapsed: 1.245118 seconds

Then loading the FPGA image in: ./usrp_n2xx_net_burner.py --addr=192.168.10.2
--fpga=/usr/local/share/uhd/images/usrp_n200_fpga.bin, which also gave the
success result:
USRP-N2XX found.
Flash size: 4194304
Sector size: 65536

Begin FPGA write: this should take about 1 minute...
Erasing 1572864 bytes at 1572864
Writing image
Verifying data
Read back 893184 bytes
Success.
Time elapsed: 43.030194 seconds

After finishing the FPGA image and firmware loading, uhd_usrp_probe gave the
same result as before. What could be the reason here? What is done incorrectly?

Really appreciate  your help!

Thanks,
Yan