[Discuss-gnuradio] Phase shift correction in Bpsk!!

From: sreenath kambala
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Phase shift correction in Bpsk!!
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 00:55:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

I have designed BPSK transmitter and receiver in grc.
But Costas loop can able to correct frequency offset, not phase offset.

Here, I attached both transmitter and receiver files.

Transmitter :

1). File sink contains Bpsk symbols {-1,1}  (repeat = yes)
2). Samples per symbol : 20
3). RRC pulse lasts for 2 symbol periods

Receiver   :

1). Matched filtering
2). Costas loop & Timing recovery
3). saving samples in File sink

and final Symbols are recovered from the samples in matlab.

I'm using uhd + gnuradio + USRP1 + RFX 2400 daughter boards.

Can somebody suggest me how to deal with Phase offset ?
(especially when the gain of Rx is low phase shifts are happening
frequently)

One more Question : Is Rms value sufficient in SNR Calculation ?

Thanks & Regards
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33763663/Transmitter.grc Transmitter.grc
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33763663/Receiver.grc Receiver.grc
http://old.nabble.com/file/p33763663/Rcvd_data.png Rcvd_data.png