[Discuss-gnuradio] Basic UHD installation question

From: Phil
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic UHD installation question
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 19:14:00 +1000

Thank you for reading this.

I've finally been able to successfully compile gnuradio after spending almost the entire day on it. There are still a few disabled components but I'll look into those later. Now I'm trying to compile UHD so that I can use an Ezcap Ez TV dongle. I understand that I have to install UHD before installing gnuradio.

What I've done is make a build directory under gr-uhd as follows:

/usr/local/src/gnuradio-3.6.0/gr-uhd/build

and then run cmake ../

This is the result:

-- The C compiler identification is GNU
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:23 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    GrBoost

CMake Warning at CMakeLists.txt:25 (find_package):
  Could not find module FindUHD.cmake or a configuration file for package
  UHD.

  Adjust CMAKE_MODULE_PATH to find FindUHD.cmake or set UHD_DIR to the
  directory containing a CMake configuration file for UHD.  The file will
  have one of the following names:

    UHDConfig.cmake
    uhd-config.cmake

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:30 (include):
  include could not find load file:

    GrComponent

CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:31 (GR_REGISTER_COMPONENT):
  Unknown CMake command "GR_REGISTER_COMPONENT".

CMake Warning (dev) in CMakeLists.txt:
  No cmake_minimum_required command is present.  A line of code such as

    cmake_minimum_required(VERSION 2.8)

should be added at the top of the file. The version specified may be lower
  if you wish to support older CMake versions for this project.  For more
  information run "cmake --help-policy CMP0000".
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

Regards,
Phil