Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic UHD installation question

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic UHD installation question
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 10:57:46 -0400

On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 5:14 AM, Phil <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you for reading this.
>
> I've finally been able to successfully compile gnuradio after spending
> almost the entire day on it. There are still a few disabled components but
> I'll look into those later. Now I'm trying to compile UHD so that I can use
> an Ezcap Ez TV dongle. I understand that I have to install UHD before
> installing gnuradio.
>
> What I've done is make a build directory under gr-uhd as follows:
>
> /usr/local/src/gnuradio-3.6.0/gr-uhd/build
>
> and then run cmake ../

I think you're a bit confused. You need to install the UHD library.
The gr-uhd directory you're in here is the GNU Radio wrapper for GNU
Radio. Go here for the UHD library:
http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki

Then, you have to build GNU Radio, running cmake to find libuhd. This
will enable gr-uhd. There are build instructions in the manual that
might help:
http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_build.html

Tom