Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic UHD installation question

From: Phil
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Basic UHD installation question
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 12:18:38 +1000

On 14/05/12 00:57, Tom Rondeau wrote:
<cut>

Thanks Marcus and Tom for the quick replies.

Marcus, I tried the build-gnuradio script but I ran into all sorts of problems. It was far quicker and easier to download the gnuradio tar file and compile it.

I think you're a bit confused.

More than just a bit, at the moment Tom, and thanks for the links.

 You need to install the UHD library.
The gr-uhd directory you're in here is the GNU Radio wrapper for GNU
Radio. Go here for the UHD library:
http://ettus-apps.sourcerepo.com/redmine/ettus/projects/uhd/wiki

Then, you have to build GNU Radio, running cmake to find libuhd. This
will enable gr-uhd. There are build instructions in the manual that
might help:
http://gnuradio.org/doc/doxygen/page_build.html

--
Regards,