Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to configure SBX with two channels, one for c

From: Alex Zhang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to configure SBX with two channels, one for communications, one for sensing?
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 15:37:17 -0500

I am thinking that the sample rates are determined in FPGA, specified by gnuradio with python or C++...So I may only make sense that the hardware can support two different sample rates for two channels, to reduce the redundant data transfer between the USRP and the host computer. Otherwise, if the traffic is not decreased, it is meaningless to support the different rates only by the software, because it does not reduce the processing and communications burden on the host computer.

I am not sure if my understanding is on the right way.

On Tue, May 22, 2012 at 1:17 PM, Josh Blum <address@hidden> wrote:

On 05/22/2012 09:57 AM, Alex Zhang wrote:
> The other question is that for it seems that we cannot set different sample
> rate for the two channels, right?

So thats not currently possible with the current USRP source/sink
blocks. This would be an interesting development:

Basically, each streamer (with its own rate, and data type, possibly
other settings) would get its own block and work function. The top level
USRP source/sink block would then actually be a hierarchical block with
these blocks inside.

See, its important that each streamer has its own dedicated output ports
and thread/aka work function. Thats the only way to deal with multiple
sources w/ heterogeneous rates.

At least thats how I would fit such a thing into the gnuradio framework :-)

-josh

--

Alex,
Dreams can come true – just believe.