Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Queue Source not being processed by DPSK Demod Bl

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Queue Source not being processed by DPSK Demod Block
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 11:32:38 -0400

On Fri, Aug 31, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Travis Collins
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Ive change the connected block from a dbpsk_demod to a null_sink and a
> file_sink and the queue is processed, but I'm still having an issue
> with the demod block.
>
> I believe the problem has to be with the data type conversion
> "processed.tostring()".  Should I convert each individual value of the
> numpy array to a string and append them together or is there a better
> way?  The numpy array itself is made up of complex data.
>
> -Travis

Hi Travis,

Can you provide more details when you say that it's not processing the
data? What does that actually mean? Is it not doing anything or just
not doing what you expect?

The numpy array shouldn't be a problem since you are converting it to
a string directly. Although make sure that what tostring() returns is
what you think it should return.

As for the dpsk modulator: is that the modulator from GNU Radio? Are
you basically trying to do what we do in
examples/narrowband/benchmark_tx.py? If so, that modulator expects
(packed) bits, not complex samples. It will convert the bits to
complex samples internally.

Tom