[Discuss-gnuradio] Alternates to USRP

From: Karan Talasila
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Alternates to USRP
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 19:10:31 -0500

Hi All,
         I have always loved working with USRP's by having two of them in college( USRP N210). Now that i am leaving college, I want to know if there's any cheap sdr receiver working on gnuradio that i can work on at home because i can't afford an USRP. I checked online and found these two.

http://www.amazon.com/DVB-T-Receiver-Low-Cost-Software-Defined/dp/B008XFDHWW/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1358639740&sr=8-4&keywords=rtl+sdr

http://www.amazon.com/Newsky-Receiver-Low-Cost-Software-Defined/dp/B008DCBS94/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1358639740&sr=8-2&keywords=rtl+sdr

Are these good enough. can any one in the group suggest better alternatives to work on?

--
Regards
Karan Talasila