Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Volk build error using MacPorts GCC 4.7

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Volk build error using MacPorts GCC 4.7
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2013 13:47:17 -0500

On Jan 25, 2013, at 12:20 PM, Tom Rondeau <address@hidden> wrote:
> By the way, if you grep for xgetbv in the 'next' branch, we did some work for
> this problem there but apparently not on 'master.' Not sure if it's for this
> exact problem or just a related one, but might be something to look at.

It looks like there are 3 primary files related to this issue, in both master
and next (found via "grep -inr xgetbv ." from the top-level source directory of
each):

volk/tmpl/volk_cpu.tmpl.c
volk/gen/archs.xml
volk/lib/CMakeLists.txt

and, these are about the same between those 2 branches.  So, not sure to what
changes you're referring, but in my reading they don't seem to impact this
particular issue significantly. - MLD

BTW> Supposedly Qt does both configure-time and runtime detection and handling
of AVX (as well as SSE 1/2/3/4 and so forth).  I know of their configure-time
parameters (handled in QMake), but I'm not aware of their runtime system.
Might be worth investigating.