Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Volk build error using MacPorts GCC 4.7

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Volk build error using MacPorts GCC 4.7
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 21:23:30 -0500

Hi Nick - I'll also query the MacPorts developers with respect to this issue,
to see if they can address it instead of GR folks trying to work around some
Mac-specific idiosyncrasy.  Can you point me to a changelog or something
equivalent which shows that AVX support is in the mainline GCC as of 4.4?  And,
also, what exactly is AVX support in the first place?  I assume it's some
variant on SIMD related to SSE1/2/3/4 or the like? - MLD