Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release 3.6.3 available for download

From: Albert Chun-Chieh Huang
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio release 3.6.3 available for download
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 21:47:04 +0800

Hi, Tom and Michael,

Here is part of the message when I configure to use gcc 4.7 without orc
support(and the build was failed)

====================
-- ORC support not found, Overruled arch orc
-- Check size of void*[8]
-- Check size of void*[8] - done
-- CPU width is 64 bits, Overruled arch 32
-- Available architectures:
generic;64;3dnow;abm;popcount;mmx;sse;sse2;norc;sse3;ssse3;sse4_a;sse4_1;sse4_2;avx
-- Available machines:
generic;sse2_64_mmx;sse3_64;ssse3_64;sse4_a_64;sse4_1_64;sse4_2_64;avx_64_mmx
-- Did not find liborc and orcc, disabling orc support...
====================

For volk_profile output, I'll put it on my public folder of Dropbox
since it's lengthy.

volk_profile output with ORC support:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31960195/volk_profile_output.txt

volk_profile output without ORC support:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31960195/volk_profile_output_no_orc.txt

Before MacPorts has GNU Radio packages, I always need to build gnuradio
by myself. I remember that I need to modify some files in VOLK in order
to support optimization for AVX. I don't remember the exact reason, but
it's related to Apple assembler and probably xgetbv(?) instruction
set. Here is the version of Apple assembler:

Apple Inc version cctools-836, GNU assembler version 1.38

I wonder if I can use the latest GNU assembler with VOLK?

Thank you very much!

Albert