Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] make test hangs at gr-core-test-all qa_pdu

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] make test hangs at gr-core-test-all qa_pdu
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 08:09:56 -0500

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 5:28 AM, "Martin Lülf" <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

while working on my issue with asynchronous blocks (
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2013-01/msg00488.html
). I discovered that the two tests 'gr-core-test-all' and 'qa_pdu'
sometimes hang up. That means they never return until I interrupt with
Ctr+C. If I repeat the same make test without changing anything in
between, the tests sometimes run through and sometimes hang up again.

I am running Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.2.0-35-generic x86_64) with
the gnuradio master branch.

Yours
Martin Luelf

What version of Boost are you running? If it's 1.46, 1.47, or 1.52, that would explain the gr-core-test-all. It's a bug in Boost that we get hit with (and we're supposed to not link against those versions, but apparently haven't done that right; see Issue #513).

The PDU hangup I think is a race condition. I thought that I had fixed that, but apparently not entirely. I just opened up Issue 514 about this.

Thanks for reporting.

Tom