[Discuss-gnuradio] GnuradioConfig.cmake not working properly ?

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GnuradioConfig.cmake not working properly ?
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 17:23:39 +0100

Hi,

I'm having a couple of issues when trying to switch from
FindGnuradioRuntime to GnuradioConfig

1) GNURADIO_ALL_INCLUDE_DIRS (and possibly GNURADIO_ALL_LIBRARIES)
don't seem to be propagated propely.

I have ${GNURADIO_ALL_INCLUDE_DIRS} in include_directories(...) in the
top level CMakeFile but the path is not added and CMakeCache.txt has
no trace of that variable either.

If you install in /usr/local you might not notice ... but if you use a
prefixed install, the OOT module don't find the includes

2) No GNURADIO_ALL_LIBRARY_DIRS to set in link_directories(...). I
don't really know if it's needed since it doesn't even get to that
point due to the include issue above

3) Doesn't follow all the libraries requested by the .pc
    For ex, the .pc for gnuradio-runtime  asks for -lgnuradio-runtime
and -lgnuradio-pmt ... so it should automatically put both in
GNURADIO_RUNTIME_LIBRARIES but it doesn't.
    This causes issues for OSX for example. When using
FindGnuradioRuntime, I had to ship my own patched version that
followed all the libs. It's either that, or I need to specify 'PMT' as
a required component even though I don't use it ... (which then embeds
some GR interdependency knowledge in my own OOT projects ...)
GnuradioConfig

So am I doing something wrong that I get all theses issues ? Or isn't
anyone using GnuradioConfig ?
(I found myself wanting to use it because I now need the FFT
components linked in and didn't want to write a FindGnuradioFFT.cmake
...)

Cheers,

    Sylvain