[Discuss-gnuradio] Memory and Playback

From: Paul B. Huter
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Memory and Playback
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 15:09:07 -0600

If I were to use a throttle to reduce my data rate from 50M (record rate) to 25M, would the fact that I only have 4GB of RAM and a 5GB data file be alright? I seem to be having playback problems with the large data file and current amount of memory. The file played back fine when stored on a 5GB RAMDisk (8GB total RAM), but I have had to go back to 4GB of memory. I would like to work with the data while I wait for a memory upgrade.

Paul B. Huter