Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Memory and Playback

From: Dan CaJacob
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Memory and Playback
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 16:19:54 -0500

Hi Paul,

Can you reduce the bandwidth of the recording you are taking?  50M is a lot to record unless you carefully design and understand the limits of your recording media, bus, etc.  Even just streaming it and processing the samples in realtime with no recording may be difficult, depending on your hardware.

I would suggest that you reduce your bandwidth to 8 MHz or less and start there.  Then, once you've solved any other problems, you can focus on getting the full bandwidth if you really need it.

I routinely record long, 1 MHz spectrum files to disk without issue on commercial OTS hardware.

I hope this helps.

Very Respectfully,

Dan CaJacob