[Discuss-gnuradio] Top block trash not cleaning up where it used to. Fil

From: Miguel Duarte
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Top block trash not cleaning up where it used to. File sink not writing in some instances.
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 22:01:24 +0000

Hello everyone.

I've posted this problem here before, and the solution didn't work out as I hoped. The thread title didn't mention my real problem, so here it is again.

I have various instances of my top block, detector(). It has a parameter (options) that passes onto it the options for the USRP and block configurations.

What I'm doing is running the top block for a range of options, stopping it whenever it's done.

Before, this was all that was needed:

options.filename = "xpto"
detector1 = detector(options)

detector1.start()
time.sleep(x)
detector1.stop()

options.filename = "xpto2"
detector1 = detector(options)

detector1.start()
time.sleep(x)
detector1.stop()

And so on. Of course this is in a loop for my parameter range. It worked on a previous version of GNURadio (3.7.1 if I recall correctly) and now it stopped working.

The proposed solution was using detector1.wait() and detector1 = None after stopping the flowgraph.

However, I've run into some troubles. Everytime I instance the class the USRP is "started" again, eventually throwing this error:

UHD Warning:
    The control endpoint was left in a bad state.
    Attempting endpoint re-enumeration...

And in most experiments the file sink doesn't write anything into the file (even though it writes the file itself, so I believe the file pointer isn't the problem). I never had this problem before and I didn't change anything in the python source code itself.

Could it be anything in the top block itself that is causing the problem, or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.