[Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNU Radio

From: Richard Bell
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNU Radio
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 12:01:58 -0700

Hello Everyone,

I hate asking questions like this, but I need help installing GNU Radio. The objective is to have GNU Radio 3.7.5.1 and UHD installed on Ubuntu 14.04 so I can use it with my USRP N210. The problem I have is this:

1) I don't like using the ettus easy install for 'UHD+GNU Radio' because their GNU Radio is usually several versions behind the most up to date version. I want control of what version I use.

2) I can't use apt-get install gnuradio because I need to install UHD first and apt-get install also installs a very old version of gnuradio.

What's left for me? Do I have to compile source code and go that route? I'm far from being a professional programmer, so I do not trust myself getting that done correctly. I remember reading something about a PyBombs install process related to this I think. Is that an option?

Thanks,
Rich