Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNU Radio

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Installing GNU Radio
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 11:19:53 +0200

On 10/23/2014 02:03 AM, Richard Bell wrote:
> As a follow up, I just finished the PyBOMBS install stream with UHD and
> Gnu Radio installed following these instructions:
>
> http://gnuradio.org/redmine/projects/pybombs/wiki/QuickStart
>
> That is a pretty painless process for the most part.
>
> The only unexpected thing that happened to me is that when I run
> gnuradio-companion at the end of the install process, I get an error in
> the command line that reads:
>
> Error: Program requires scipy (see: www.scipy.org <http://www.scipy.org>)
> This line repeated 13 times
>
> Does anyone know if I should act on this? If so can you recommend how.

Hm, you should be fine -- scipy is a 'soft' requirement for GNU Radio,
meaning some examples use it but it's not required for regular
operations. That said, I'm not sure why you see it when running GRC.
I think gr-trellis might be the culprit here.

You could of course install it (apt-get install python-scipy), it's a
useful thing to have.

Cheers,