Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Baudline sink ist missing

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Baudline sink ist missing
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2015 17:25:59 +0100

Hi Rebecca!

Awesome! I especially liked your drawing, it gives a quick overview of
what you're trying to do; I always found it very helpful to include such
graphics in reports etc to give people a instantaneous understanding of
the system I'm considering.

So, the central points are that you
a) want to visualize the data bits and
b) don't see the preamble in your data file, right?

a) should be possible with a scope sink after the MM clock recovery or
after the binary slicer; "vector sink" is really only useful if you have
vectors of samples with a known length that already are somehow aligned,
so that the same element of consecutive vectors "mean" the same thing.

The fact that you don't see a preamble, however, might indicate that
your decoding doesn't work or there's no preamble. Does the output of
clock recovery really look like you expect it to?

Best regards,
Marcus