Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_tx(rx).py throughput as modulation

From: SangHyuk Kim
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_tx(rx).py throughput as modulation
Date: Sun, 6 Mar 2016 21:56:59 +0900

Thanks Marcus.

given parameters :
bit rate = 100,000
samples per symbol = 2
constellation = 16

then,
bits per symbol = log2(16) = 4
symbol rate = bit rate / bits per symbol = 100,000 / 4 = 25,000
sample rate = samples per symbol * symbol rate = 2 * 25,000 = 50,000
also, as I know, sample rate = bandwidth. so, bandwidth is 50KHz right ?

Q1. what is difference between sample rate and samples per second ?

Q2. USRP N210 maximum sample rate = 25 MS/s, CBX daughterboard analog bandwidth = 40 MHz. what is the maximum bandwidth ?

Thank you again!

Hi,

> I think it is up to bit rate, but I don't know exactly what it is.

The number of bit per second you're going to be transmitting/receiving. It's (symbol rate) *  (bits per symbol). "bits per symbol" is of course log2(constellation points).

> Is there unlimited bit rate option for check to modulation throughput ?

No, a given modulation with a given sample rate and a given samples per second must result in a fixed transmission rate.

Best regards,
Marcus