Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Editing usrp_spectrum_sense.py

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Editing usrp_spectrum_sense.py
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2016 23:24:32 +0100

Dear Fikrat,

Feed in a known power, note down the digital power, repeat for another known power.
You'll get three input power->digital power mappings.

Now, assume the power transfer function is a linear one:

$P_{digital} =
      G\cdot P_{analog} + P_{noise}$

With the two $(P_{digital},
      P_{analog})$ measurements you can simply deduce the slope $G$ of the above function; simple math, subtract the equations:

$P_{digital,1}-P_{digital,2}=(G\cdot P_{analog,1} +
      P_{noise})-(G\cdot P_{analog,2} +
      P_{noise})=G(P_{analog,1}-P_{analog,2})$

and find $G$ and the offset $P_{noise}$.

Repeat with a few other known powers to make sure you're in the linear region.

Whatever you do, never feed in more than -15dBm into your device!

Best regards,
Marcus