Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Handling of IQ files

From: Henry Barton
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Handling of IQ files
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2016 22:30:50 +0000

I'm planning to write my program from scratch in C#. I understand the basics of the FFT now; I had always wondered how transient signals would show up in a window if they were significantly shorter than the time covered by an FFT window, and I see now that there is a tradeoff: more samples = higher frequency precision but fewer FFT windows can be drawn. I've observed this in HDSDR where RBW can be either frequency-precise or do fast windowing. But as everyone says, the FFT is tremendously complex, so I will probably use a 3rd-party library. I'm currently working out how to use the AForge .NET library.