Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR win64 binaries v1.1 posted

From: Anon Lister
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR win64 binaries v1.1 posted
Date: Wed, 4 May 2016 20:29:30 -0400

So, with gqrx, aside from the known issues with B200 crashing when
changing demod settings, it seems I have missing icons, any thoughts?

http://imgur.com/cNXLa7G

-Anon

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 4:33 PM, Geof Nieboer <address@hidden> wrote:
> Jim,
>
> I found the problem.  Qt5 threw me a nice curveball.  I've got a fix, check
> back tomorrow for v1.1.1 :(.
>
> Apologies.
>
> Geof
>
> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:56 PM, Geof Nieboer <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Jim,
>>
>> Try dropping the below file in the c:\Program Files\gnuradio-3.7\bin
>> directory and see if it works, or at least if the error changes.  It's a Qt5
>> platform plugin that did not appear necessary (I only included the Qt5 files
>> that appeared needed to keep the size down)
>>
>> Geof
>>
>> On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 8:47 PM, James C Mankin <address@hidden> wrote:
>>>
>>> After uninstalling v1.0 and installing V1.1 , I was not able to run gqrx
>>> under Windows 7.    I see a command
>>> line window that says "setting gnuradio environment" and then a pop-up
>>> that says:
>>>
>>>    This application failed to start because it could not find or load the
>>> Qt
>>>     platform plugin  "windows"
>>>     in "".
>>>
>>>    Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
>>>
>>> Otherwise things seem to work OK.
>>>
>>> Jim kb3kj
>>> address@hidden
>>>

>>> On 05/03/2016 09:05 PM, Geof Nieboer wrote:
>>>
>>> All,
>>>
>>> An updated set of windows binaries and build scripts have been posted.
>>> Quick summary:
>>> 1- Added gqrx to package
>>> 2- Patched 2 x issues which would cause the generic version to crash on
>>> non-AVX systems (one in volk, one in FFTW)
>>> 3- Added gr-newmod to package
>>>
>>> Plus a number of improvements to make the scripts more robust.
>>>
>>> Binaries at http://www.gcndevelopment.com/gnuradio/downloads.htm
>>> Scripts at https://github.com/gnieboer/GNURadio_Windows_Build_Scripts
>>>
>>> A couple gqrx known bugs:
>>> 1- Toolbar icons do not appear (our Qt5 issue)
>>> 2- Switching a USRP to another modulation will cause a crash (upstream
>>> UHD)
>>> 3- Switching between a RTL-SDR device and a USRP device will cause a