Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CPFSK mod/demod + strange behavior

From: Olivier Goyette
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] CPFSK mod/demod + strange behavior
Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2016 15:24:37 -0400

My flowgraph is based on what I've read throughout the different forums on the internet because :

1- I'm a newbie to GRC and GNUradio in general
2- It's my first time trying to develop a telecomm application
3- I'm using a RRC filter because it's a requirement stated in the documentation I have about UAT.

Take a look at the references I joined. Those are every links I've been through trying to understand what is FSK and all the process behind.
Maybe you will be able to tell me what' wrong ?!

Why are you using the RRC filters?

I hope you are realizing that filtering a CPFSK signal is not the same as filtering its instantaneous frequency (which is a PAM signal with rectangular pulses).
As a result, the next question is why in your poly-phase filter you are using RRC filter taps?

Achilleas