Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler enhancement?

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler enhancement?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 22:56:46 +0200

Hi Marcus the elder,

wouldn't a block that adds that tag work, too?

I see that you, especially in a high-rate streaming scenario, wouldn't
want to have a "memcpy" block; and I see actual need for a GR
scheduler/buffer_reader enhancement that allows for blocks that are
"transparent" by means that they don't have an output buffer of their
own, but introduce another layer of buffer_writer that the downstream
block sees, so that they can read-only react to incoming samples.

Cheers,

Marcus the second