Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler enhancement?

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Scheduler enhancement?
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2016 17:23:01 -0400

On 07/19/2016 05:13 PM, Marcus Müller wrote:
Question arising: would you want the tag to contain the time when
general_work() was called, or rather the time of the first sample? Note
that sources should usually be designed to be blocking until there's
data available! That way, between entering general_work() and actually
having the first sample, a lot of time could pass. It might make a lot
more sense to let the block that knows the hardware handle tagging
itself, here.

Cheers,

Marcus
The idea is to tag when the first samples come off the hardware.

Indeed, if one had an N-channel "tag these when the samples show up" block, it would likely be useless, since the scheduler will have nicely arranged for all of the those channels to have something useful to do the first time it calls work().