[Discuss-gnuradio] Running gr-ieee 802.11 and gr-ieee 802.15.4 under sam

From: sumitstop
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Running gr-ieee 802.11 and gr-ieee 802.15.4 under same flowgraph (interference and co-existence)
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2017 14:10:30 -0700 (MST)

Hello,
(Its a long post :) as I want to give as much details as possible)

Today I did a strange experiment. Under GNU Radio companion, I created a
blank project. Then I copy pasted the wifi_loopback.grc from gr-ieee 802.11
to my blank project and made it run. Off course I took care of the initial
settings of the variables and all. It ran successfully. Then I copy pasted
the transceiver_OQPSK.grc from gr-ieee 802.15.4 to the same grc project
where wifi_loopback.grc was there. Then I separated the variables carefully
and make both wifi_loopback and transceiver_OQPSK to run under the same flow
graph at the same time. They ran successfully without any issue!

In the next step, I tried to create an environment of interference between
WiFi and ZigBee by adding the baseband output of WiFi transmitter and ZigBee
transmitter. But before that I upsampled the ZigBee 5 times to make it 20
MHz wide.

In the next step, I took the output of mixed signal i.e. ZigBee + WiFi and
fed it to individual receivers. Here also I downsampled the mixed signal to
4 MHz before feeding it to the ZigBee receiver.

But this setup din't work at all. The grc just turned dark. There were no
error messages. I am not sure where I am theoretically and/or practically
wrong.

* I am trying to analyse WiFi and ZigBee interference.

Regards
Sumit