[Discuss-gnuradio] CMake macros & definitions for GR 3.8

From: Emmanuel Blot
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] CMake macros & definitions for GR 3.8
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2019 17:25:46 +0200

Hi,

I’m unable to find how to obtain, from the various GR 3.8 CMake macros, the installation paths to link an external application with the GR libraries. Most FAQ/existing projects refer to 3.7 series, and it seems there have been some changes which makes difficult to understand what is required today.

Is there some doc/guide/readme/anything to help with this topic?

I’m looking to retrieve the name & path of the GR libraries, the path to the GR installation dir and include directories.
Ideally, I guess that the proper sequence would look something like

 * define GR_REQUIRED_COMPONENTS
 * find GR package: which ones?
 * include some GR CMake modules: which ones?
 * invoke a couple of macros: which ones?

so that ${GR_something} defines the list of imported library to link against a target, i.e. with TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES and the like can use a valid list of libraries.

I guess it is possible to recode everything from scratch, but it seems a bit overkill :-)

There are many projects that refer to GNURADIO_ALL_LIBRARIES or to GNURADIO_RUNTIME_LIBRARY_DIRS, but I’m unable to find what to do w/ GR 3.8 so that these variables get defined.

Thanks,
Emmanuel.