Re: Pi GNURadion challenge.

From: Glen Langston
Subject: Re: Pi GNURadion challenge.
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2020 14:04:32 -0400

Hi

Yes. 3.8.1 is the version I’d started to install.   I ran into trouble
downloading all the support packages.  Slowly but surely I was
installing everything needed.  But after a few hours of good progress
I ran out of time.    So I thought I’d just ask if someone more talented
had already done the install before I put more time into the install.

Definitely, for me, a complete install of the OS is the best, rather than
on a package by package basis.   Remember to compress (and remove all gmail
etc logins) before distributing.

It is fairly quick to do the whole install to the SD card, from the
compressed .img file.   With “Etcher” they uncompress and write simultaneously,
so you are only working with a couple gigabyte file.

I have 4 working horn radio telescopes working this way and a few more almost
ready to start observing.  I thought I would get up to date with the
3.8.? Gnuradio then restart observations.

Maybe I have to wait.

Thanks in advance.

Glen