Re: Pi GNURadion challenge.

From: Robert Heerekop
Subject: Re: Pi GNURadion challenge.
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020 00:13:38 +0100

Dear friends, thanks a lot for your responses.No WBFM music yet. Just to share; I followed these steps which fail:
0. Flash and setup with RaspberryPi4 the 32GbSD Card from Raspberry Pi image file: "2020-02-13-raspbian-buster.img"
1. run "sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list" and replace "buster" by "testing"
2. run "sudo apt update"
3. run "sudo apt full-upgrade"
4. run "sudo reboot"
5. run "sudo apt install gnuradio"
6. run "sudo reboot"
7. Validate is GUI:Start>Programming>GNU Radio Companion>Help>About shows "3.8.1.0(Python3.7.6)"
8. run "sudo apt-get install gr-osmosdr"
9. run "sudo apt-get install xterm"
10. sudo reboot
11. run "sudo apt autoremove"
13. Generating flow seemed to be going okay.
14. Executing flow generated the failure:
<<< Welcome to GNU Radio Companion 3.8.1.0 >>>
...Warning: failed to XInitThreads()
gr-osmosdr 0.2.0.0 (0.2.0) gnuradio 3.8.1.0
built-in source types: file osmosdr fcd rtl rtl_tcp uhd miri hackrf bladerf rfspace airspy airspyhf soapy redpitaya freesrp
[INFO] [UHD] linux; GNU C++ version 9.2.1 20200104; Boost_106700; UHD_3.15.0.0-2
Assertion 'close_nointr(fd) != -EBADF' failed at src/basic/fd-util.c:71, function safe_close(). Aborting.
>>> Done (return code -6)

I continue with the suggested SDRPlay asap and share the results!
No matter how, but the music will Sound!