Re: Question on OOT- Modules installation path

From: Sylvain Munaut
Subject: Re: Question on OOT- Modules installation path
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 18:34:02 +0200

> gr-osmosdr (and other modules of the same authors) have historically
> deviated from that (well, or, they were around before anyone even
> thought of having a common style), and want to be installed *into* the
> GNU Radio installation.

gr-osmosdr follows the modtool model AFAIK:
  import osmosdr
  $prefix/include/osmosdr

In 3.8 it generates a gnuradio-osmosdrConfig.cmake  but AFAIK that's
what modtool does too ( and it's in lib/cmake/osmosdr/ and not
lib/cmake/gnuradio for instance ).

That was Dimitri's choice when he originally wrote the module and I
tried to stick to it when porting over to 3.8. If I deviated from it,
that was not intentional.

Cheers,

     Sylvain