Re: Complex in/Complex out Hilbert?

From: Fons Adriaensen
Subject: Re: Complex in/Complex out Hilbert?
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 18:43:34 +0200

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 07:44:00AM -0500, David Hagood wrote:

> Yes, I know - "If you want it, write it yourself, then". And I may just do
> that, but since I hate duplicating effort, I'd like to know if anybody else
> has done that, or is doing that.

I've been developing my own SDR modules (C++, a Python interface will be
added later). Main reason for that I've never been able to compile and
run GR (on a plain ArchLinux system) without running into trouble with
at least one of it countless dependencies.

One of those modules is a complex in/out Hilbert filter. The I filter
is actually just a delay, and the Q filter is the familar anti-symmteric
FIR with all coefficients on even positions zero (they are not even used
in the actual code).

If the GR module is similar, I don't really understand why it doesn't have
a complex input. If necessary you could always send the same signal to
both I and Q, so nothing would be lost.

Ciao,

--
FA