Re: Complex in/Complex out Hilbert?

From: Frank Brickle
Subject: Re: Complex in/Complex out Hilbert?
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2020 22:32:13 -0700

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, but isn't the received signal already analytic? The goal is to step it down to real baseband. You don't need a Hilbert transform going in that direction.

So, to demodulate, you'd just spin the signal to baseband, filter, and throw away the imaginary part of the result. Voilá, real demodulated signal.