Re: Frame drop when Using GMSK en UDP

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: Frame drop when Using GMSK en UDP
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 12:32:13 +0200

Hi Quenten,

you're using multiple deprecated blocks; especially the packet encooder/decoder are simply buggy and drop data. (Also, it's misconfigured, but properly configuring it won't help. Don't use it.)

Also, while your computer might be too slow, the Throttle guarantees that the UDP source has to drop UDP packets if your data rate is higher than 500 kB/s...

So,

1. Replace deprecated WX GUI with Qt GUI

2. Remove all throttles

3. replace packet encoder/decoder with appropriate packet transmission example from gr-digital

You'll notice that a video stream is a lot of data, and that 500 kHz bandwidth simply won't do with GMSK to transport that amount of data. Which means you'll need more bandwidth. Which means you'll see a frequency-selective channel. Which means you need some equalization, or a multicarrier scheme! The OFDM-examples in gr-digital will be of most interest to you.

Best regards,

Marcus