Re: Teething problems with new GNU Radio 3.9 installation

From: Brendan Horsfield
Subject: Re: Teething problems with new GNU Radio 3.9 installation
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2021 21:16:50 +1000

Hi David,

My current configuration is as follows:
  • TensorFlow 2.4.1
  • CUDA 11.2
I am also running a second version of TensorFlow inside a Docker image that I downloaded from dockerhub:
My preferred image is "tensorflow:latest-gpu", but you will see that there are many, many others to choose from, depending on what combination of libraries you want.

The Docker version of TensorFlow is usually much easier to install, as it comes equipped with all of the necessary dependencies (including CUDA drivers).  The only downside is that the image I am using ("latest-gpu") doesn't support graphical tools like Matplotlib, which means you can only print results to the console as simple text.  This makes it great for model training, but not so good for model testing or inference, where you often want to visualise your model's performance with colourful plots.

Regards,
Brendan.