Re: Releases v3.8.4.0 and v3.9.3.0

From: Franco VENTURI
Subject: Re: Releases v3.8.4.0 and v3.9.3.0
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2021 13:54:58 -0500 (EST)

Glen,
using the 'gr-soapy' source and the latest SoapySDRPlay module
(https://github.com/pothosware/SoapySDRPlay3), you should be able to control
biasT by using this argument:

      biasT_ctrl=true

(see here for some more details here:
https://github.com/pothosware/SoapySDRPlay3/issues/21)

As per the gains (or gain reductions, as they are defined int the SDRplay API),
select 'Specific' in the 'gr-soapy' block, and then set the value of 'IFGR' (IF
gain reduction) to a value in the range 20-59 (dB of gain reduction) and 'RFGR'
(RF gain reduction) to a value between 0 and N - this value is the so called
'LNA state', which is explained in detail in SDRplay API Specification Guide
(https://www.sdrplay.com/docs/SDRplay_API_Specification_v3.08.pdf); look for
'Gain Reduction Tables' in that document.

Hope this helps,
Franco