Re: How to model class-B distortion of a complex signal

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: How to model class-B distortion of a complex signal
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 20:50:31 +0100

Hi Anish,

there's been a Summer project that implemented and compensated nonlinear distortion. Simple amplifier models are covered.

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/archive/2020/projects/5862185634365440
https://github.com/gnuradio/gr-dpd

You'll want to start by reading Alekh's proposal; it was pretty nice.

The model that you illustrate in your flow graph doesn't quite mathematically work out; I think you'll want to look into Volterra series if you want to learn about a more general modelling for nonlinear elements. For a more specifically useful short introduction to nonlinear amplifier modelling, see the MP and GMP documentation in the github link above.

Best regards,
Marcus