Re: Using VSCode With gr-tutorial

From: David Cherkus
Subject: Re: Using VSCode With gr-tutorial
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2022 16:21:52 +0000 (UTC)

I too found a short-term workaround, but will keep that in mind when I revisit the topic, which I'm sure will be soon.

On the topic of debugging from an IDE, I found the tutorial for Eclipse and it said one could only debug standalone QA code (if I interpreted it correctly).

Doesn't the same technique used by the VS Code tutorial ( just use the debugger to launch /usr/bin/python3 with your Python script as an argument to it, then the debugger can/will hit breakpoints in the shared libs that get loaded for your implementation) work?   Or does Eclipse's debug launcher insist on only launching things you build in your project?

Overall I will be OK with just using the IDEs for code browsing and building and running gdb the old school way, from the command line, but would be better if better solutions to work from an IDE were found.

Regards,
Dave