Re: RHEL repository for latest GNURadio?

From: Marcus Müller
Subject: Re: RHEL repository for latest GNURadio?
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2022 11:11:06 +0100

Hi Mike,

sorry, I'm afraid there's none such repo yet (at least to the best of my
knowledge).

Just tried to rebuild the source rpm from a Fedora 36¹ on Rocky 8.5, and that failed, because it needs boost >= 1.69, and the "native" version is 1.66, and even if you manually installed boost169-devel, you'd need to explicitly set the path to the right Boost headers. (Also, a couple of things are missing from rocky linux, like sndfile-devel, which is a hard requirement for the wavfile sink/source blocks, and I don't know whether qt5 works out... this takes time to understand.)

So, nothing about this is unfixable, but I haven't (and sadly I think nobody else has) done it so far and packaged current GNU Radio.

Best regards,
Marcus

¹ In case anyone's curious:
on any fedora machine,

dnf --releasever=36 download --source --url gnuradio

to get the source URL;

then whip up a Rocky Linux 8.5 container (I guess rocky Linux would be the same, exactly, and of course RHEL, which I don't have a subscription for)

dnf install --refresh -y rpm-build dnf-utils rpmfusion-free-release
curl -O URL_FROM_ABOVE
yum-builddep -y --skip-unavailable gnuradio-*.fc36.src.rpm
dnf install -y python3-qt5 boost169-devel
rpmbuild -rb gnuradio-*.fc36.src.rpm

... which then fails due to boost. If it worked, it would give you a full suite of installable GNU Radio rpms.