Re: Confusion about 'ports'

From: Chad Spooner
Subject: Re: Confusion about 'ports'
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2022 14:31:22 -0700

Marcus:

Yes, I did miss that reply! Very sorry about that. Let me try to answer your questions:

First, I did try to use a single Source block with two channels on the advice of a colleague. I've been unable to get that to work either. (More on that below, after I answer your questions.)

The x310 has WBX (A) and UBX (B) daughtercards.

The x310's UBX RX2 input is coming from the TX/RX output of an N210 with a WBX daughtercard. The N210 is generating a DSSS signal and transmitting it on TX/RX.

The x310's WBX RX2 input is coming from a passive antenna (Ettus WA5JVB Log Periodic 850 MHz to 6500 MHz).

The x310's UBX TX/RX transmits the sum of the UBX RX2 and WBX RX2 signals.

A third SDR (x300) receives the x310's UBX TX/RX signal and that is the USRP I fetch data from using uhd_rx_cfile.

********

When I try the single Source block with two channels:

Here I switched around the cables.

B RX2 receives the signal from the N210 as before.

B TX/RX receives the signal from the antenna.

A TX/RX outputs the sum of the B RX2 and B TX/RX signals.

The error is:

PCS_band_AOC.py", line 97, in __init__
    self.uhd_usrp_source_0_1.set_samp_rate(samp_rate)
RuntimeError: LookupError: IndexError: [legacy_compat]: RX channel 1 out of range for give
n frontend configuration.

Is this telling me I need a different FPGA image? Is that what you mean by "multichannel configuration?"

I did search around for clues about this error (and the other one), knowing your time is valuable, but I've come up empty. (Your guess about me either not seeing or not understanding your reply is on the mark. I do put in effort to understand the UHD and gnuradio documentation, but I definitely fail.)

I'm also confused why it matters what the signals are on the two inputs--I could terminate those inputs instead of connecting them to the antenna and the N210. The flowgraph still won't run.

Thanks! I'll do better on looking for your responses, I promise.